Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gopher Lose Big Ten Opener, Hope to Rebound

Once again the Minnesota Gopher football team played stellar in the second half, but just couldn’t recover from their first half fallout. Minnesota spotted Purdue a 21-point halftime lead and lost the Big Ten season opener by a 45-31 count at the HHH Metrodome in Minneapolis last Saturday.

I was proud to see my Gophers score on four consecutive possessions after halftime and I kept asking myself where was that team at the beginning of the game? I am sounding like a broken record because that is what I said last week! Clearly, Tim Brewster didn’t read my recommendation that he start the Gophers off earlier in the evening to fool their minds into thinking that the first half is really the second half. Brewster even said in a post game quote:
“Our coaching staff needs to figure out a way for us to start better. We are
going to continue to put our guys in positions to make plays. Sooner or later
those breaks are going to fall our way.”

My challenge to Brewster is how many games do you need to figure this out? I think by the fourth game of the season you should have it figured out. Next up for the Gopher football squad: Ohio State at the Dome this Saturday 7pm. Lots of Gopher Football Tickets for sale , $40 (below face) to get you in the door.

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?