Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gophers Hockey Update

Usually, I am the biggest Gophers hockey fan that I know, but these days my dad could tell you more about the Gophers hockey team than I could. Usually the Gophers are at the top of the WCHA, but these days I am not even convinced they are going to make it to the playoffs. The Gophers did get three points in Duluth last weekend when the they battled the UMD Bulldogs for a tie and win, but still after the tie and loss to the St Cloud Huskies the previous weekend, I was feeling less than excited to be a Gopher hockey fan.

This weekend will be big for the Gophers team as they battle the Wisconsin Badgers at the Kohl Center in Madison. Both teams are tied for fifth place in the WCHA. And although this is the first meeting of the season, it may determine the Gophers fate in the WCHA. Both of this weekend’s games will be televised live on Fox Sports Net North so you can bet Gopher Gal will be tuned in…well, tuned in as long as the Gopher hockey team puts up a fight and makes watching them worth my time. Go Gophers! Go!

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?