Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gopher Football Predictions

I am glad that all of my talk about Gopher football has spawned others to start thinking about next season – I know it’s a long way off, but I just can’t help it – I love Gopher football and hockey and basketball – in that order. Even though the Gopher Basketball team is on fire right now and one of the best teams we have had since the Clem Haskins era (remember we aren’t allowed to talk or count those games) – I still prefer football.

I predicted a 7 win Gopher Football Season in 2009. Blogger H*Dizzle said:

h*dizzle said...
ps i thnk we'll be better than seven wins. we will have decker back.and weber if he doesnt get beat out by marquies gray..omg we have depth at QB!


I agree we have depth at QB, but with only ONE RECEIVER (plus, I heard a vicious rumor that Eric Decker may not even play next year because he doesn’t want to ruin his baseball career with another injury – he is amazing at baseball, too.) and a poor running game, I don’t see the Gopher offense putting that many points on the board and the Gopher defense is still going to be mediocre – we need bigger guys. I hope Brewster can convince one or two big players to sign for defense or even transfer from a junior college.

5 comments:

h*dizzle said...

omggg where di you hear that about decker?!!! i think hes better at football than baseball! but i agree that we need more than one mode of offens (please weber to decker is a great combo but im sure its predictable!) we had some emerging stars show up this year so it should be fun to see what the new offensive coach does!

h*dizzle said...

ps !! u didnt mention how HOTTT eric decker is!!!

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

H*Dizz is right, we'll get more than 7 wins next season! They're gonna be so amped up for the new stadium that they'll win ALL of their games, right? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Erik Decker IS hott! 2 T's even!

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind that Ticket King has awesome Minnesota Gophers tickets so you can see all those hotties in person ;-)

What would you like to see more of on this blog?