Thursday, May 12, 2011

Tubby Smith is Cancer Free.


As reported in the Star Tribune today Minnesota Golden Gopher Men’s Basketball Coach Tubby Smith.
Here are some key quotes found in the article written by one of our favorite writers for the Strib MYRON P. MEDCALF .
"Amid speculation, I want to make it aware that I did in fact undergo a procedure on April 21 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester," Smith, who turns 60 next month, said in the statement. "During my regular physical last spring, it was discovered that my prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels were high.
"A biopsy was done and it was discovered that I had early stages of prostate cancer. I am happy to say that the cancer was contained and removed and I am now cancer free and feeling great."

We are truly happy for Tubby Smith that he is medically healthy.

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?