Friday, May 27, 2011

Jerry Kill: A killer realist


It is so glad to hear that Jerry Kill, the new U of M football coach isn’t trying to give us spiked kool-aid like his former predecessor Tim “We are going to the Rose Bowl” Brewster.

From the sounds of it, Kill is a killer realist. In a recent newspaper article for the Mankato Free press, he was quoted as saying the following: “The one thing I can promise is that I’m going to work my guts out for you,” Kill said. “I’m a workaholic, and me and my staff are going to do everything we can to turn this program around.”

And instead of setting his goal on making it to the Rose he has put together the following four realistic goals:

1. Be on time.

2. Act right.

3. Go to class.

4. Play hard on Saturday.

It sounds like Kill is a breath of fresh air. Hopefully with time, he can make it to the Rose Bowl, but in the meantime it is just uplifting to hear a Golden Gophers football coach not sound drunk.

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?