Thursday, January 25, 2007

Gopher vs Sioux


I am so pumped for this weekends match-up between the Golden Gopher Mens Hockey Team vs. the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux!!! The Sioux have become big rivals of the Gophers in last few years and this border battle at home ice should be a doozey!


The top-ranked and WCHA-leading Golden Gophers are hoping to win this series against intrastate rival and 15th-ranked North Dakota. Games are on Friday and Saturday, January 26 and 27, at Mariucci Arena. Both games face off at 7:07 p.m., and will be televised on FSN North. I will have to watch it on TV since I don't have season tickets and I am too cheap to buy Gophers Tickets from a ticket broker. You can get tickets from this site Gopher Hockey Tickets , but they aren't cheap - then again neither is my cable bill!

Here are some interesting facts I found on gophersports.com (that is the best site for Gopher Sports info - well, besides MY blog, of course):


Minnesota has faced UND more times (263) than any other opponent.


Last season, the Maroon and Gold went 3-1-0 vs. North Dakota, sweeping the series in Grand Forks and splitting at Mariucci Arena.


Nine of the last 11 games in the series have been decided by two or fewer goals.


Minnesota has not swept North Dakota at home in the regular season since Nov. 8-9, 1997. (this factoid scares me a little because I am really hope for a big sweep!)


Let's Go Gophers!!!!! and I am sooo sick of hearing the political correctness junk about the Fighting Sioux and their name and mascot etc. Get over it and Let's Play Hockey!


No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?