Tuesday, October 21, 2008

College Sports are for me

I love the Golden Gophers of Minnesota very, very much. In fact, I don’t bleed purple or live for the Wild and I haven’t been to a Timberwolves game in a really long time. Why? Because I love college sports. There is something so invigorating about guys (and gals) playing at a division one level and playing their hearts out. Sure, some of them will make it big in the NFL, NHL or NBA and then I will despise their money grubbing ways, but right now they are college kids living on campus, going to class (I hope) and enjoying some of the best years or their lives. They play the sport because they love it and they haven’t forgotten that love or it hasn’t got lost amidst agents and contracts and bonuses.

I think I wrote this article as a reminder to why I want to keep my blog and not give up on it. Stay Tuned, Gopher Fans! More to come!

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?