Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gopher Hockey Makes Me Want To Scream

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! What the “H” “E” Double Hockey Sticks has happened to the Gopher mens hockey team? I can’t believe they have lost the last four games – FOUR! Gopher Gal is totally freaking out. I told my hubby that he better get me some Gopher hockey tickets because apparently the team can only win if I am in the stands (I have never seen them lose and I have been to my fair share of games).

The ticket broker sites have tickets for this weekends Gopher Alaska series at Mariucci (yes, the Gophs are home again), but I am bordering on the poor side of life these days so I am thinking about just going down to Mariucci Arena Friday night and seeing if I can get some tickets just before game time from one of the street scalpers. There are always guys standing on the one corner closest to Williams Arena. I confess I have NEVER bought tickets from a street scalper before, NEVER. I am scared, but I want to go really bad and I don’t have a lot of money so the plan is my hubby will drop me off and I will try and secure tickets at $30 per ticket or lower and he will circle the block. If I can get tickets, I will call him on the cell and he will pay for parking and we will go in. If I can’t, he will pick me up (off the corner, kinda kinky!) we will use the money and go to dinner and watch the Gopher game on TiVo.

I know Saturday nights game will be way hotter since it’s Valentines Day, but I am thinking Friday night there may be some cheap seats from the scalpers. I don’t know why I am so chicken about buying tickets from a scalper, but it just doesn’t seem very “Minnesota Nice” and Gopher Gal is totally nice (most of the time). I will let you all know how it goes (-:


Come on Gopher Hockey, PULL IT TOGETHER!

1 comment:

The Mommyhood Project | Cortney Galster said...

Ugh, yes they need to pull it together. This weekend was pathetic.

What would you like to see more of on this blog?