Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gopher Football Team Captains

The Gopher Football team selected the following team captains:

From the Gopher Offense:
Eric Decker
Adam Weber

From the Gopher Defense:
Garrett Brown
Lee Campbell
Simoni Lawrence
Eric Small


Not too many surprises, really. Except that the team traditionally goes with four captains (2 offense, 2 defense) – but according to Tim Brewster, “the vote was so close on the defensive side of the ball that the team elected to go with four.”

We will see how that goes. I don’t really think it will matter. I am more worried about the offense than the defense next year any way. I am not sure we could even pick another offensive guy to be captain – who would it be? We definitely will need Decker and Weber to be strong leaders on that Offense next year – I am already chewing my fingernails and the season hasn’t even started!

No comments:

What would you like to see more of on this blog?